Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Let me introduce you to one of my heroes. You know David Archuleta, as my musical hero. My artistic hero is this dude.


Yes you got it. The guy who created Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney. Haha. As much as I've dreamed of become in a 3D animator in Pixar's animation studios, my 2nd choice (in the animation industry if I don't get a position as a 3D animator) would be a key animator or inbetweener for the hand-drawn Disney movies. Because I feel that traditionally hand-drawn animations should be well preserved and kept going. :)

I simply adored all the movies and the cartoons that has been created under Disney's name. Animated features, especially Beauty and the Beast (that was released in 1991, my birth year) has heavily influenced me in the sense that it got me to read. I adored Belle and used to immitate every single part she played. I'd carry the basket and walked while I read, and even go around singing and acting all dramatic. Haha. I adored all the animated films naturally, although I admit I haven't seen ALL of Walt Disney's produced live-action movies. :D

Anyway, at a point I was so crazy with Disney that I had my dad place a subscription for Disney magazines, and he'd get me these Christmas-themed read-along books for Christmas. And basically, Disney's animations and cartoons were the reason I started drawing in the first place anyway. I remember that my favourite original Walt Disney character was Goofy and I used to draw him on the wall when I was 2 years old. And after that from Kindergarden and thru Primary School, I learned to draw characters by tracing. Haa. Good times.


I've been having my own Disney marathon. Tonight, I watched Aladdin. One of my favourite movies of all time with a lesson to always be yourself. I LOVE Robin Williams as Genie. And I love how they animated him. :D

Song of the Day: "Proud of your Boy" sung by Clay Aiken. This song was released in the Special Edition DVD of Aladdin. This was one of the rejected songs for Aladdin because it interfered with the timeline. I loved it when Clay sang this. you can watch it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment