Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Tribute Post


It's all over the news, music channels, radio stations, newspapers, webpages, twitter, facebook, and, well pretty much all over the web.

Though I'm not a crazy big fan of Michael Jackson. I felt like I've lost a chunk of myself after knowing about the sad news of his passing. Michael has undoubtedly played a huge part in everyone's lives. Most of us grew up listening to him; watching over him through thick and thin.

There was one little thing that happened just before his passing in Malaysian time. I was thinking about how great it would be staying 5 years old; a kid. As my friends whould know, I was on a Disney marathon, so I went through the movies and through the Kingdom Hearts games on youtube. I thought of how great would it be if there was a Neverland.

...wait. There WAS. Michael's Neverland. I thought of that for a while. It was the first time I thought about Michael in a while. And I thought of Michael and how he was as a character. I thought about how similar we are in the sense that we are kids at heart. But it was only a brief thought, so I went offline...

...a few minutes before he passed.

Next morning, I found out that twitter and facebook were full of tweets about his passing. I was devistated. And after thinking about him last night. Even if was just for a brief moment. Like many others, I too, grew up listening to his songs. My first music video that I saw was "You are Not Alone". I remember watching it all over and over again on video tape ('cause my dad used to tape a lot of shows and stuff from tv) with my brother...making fun of his unbuttoned shirt and his navel. Haha yeah, I was like, 3 at the time, what'd you expect?

That was also my dad's favourite songs. The song "Heal the World" was also played a lot when I was young, and I thought it was sad so I didn't like listening to it since it made me feel like crying. Haha. Now that song means a lot right now...along with "Black or White". Truthfully, I'm most fimiliar with his famous singles. I didn't even know some songs existed till my dad pulled out his old CDs just recently. And I didn't even know he had 'em.

So yeah, I put this little thing together as a tribute to dear ol' Michael. :( And for the record despite all the the accusations, I've never thought they were true. I'm sad that he had to live such a dramatic life. Rest in Peace, MJ. Thanks for growing up with me.

Song of the Day: Currently jamming to "Black or White". Not by Michael, but by Adam Lambert. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment