Monday, May 18, 2009

I Read the News Today, Oh Boy.

I like naming my post titles after songs and lyrics.

Anyway. Oh dear. :(

"KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Malaysia confirmed its second case of swine flu Saturday in a woman who recently returned from the United States on the same flight as the first person in the country to test positive for the virus.

Ramlee Rahmat, the Health Ministry deputy director-general, said the woman, a student, arrived Wednesday and was hospitalized Friday in northern Penang state."

More here.

I went to the hospital to visit my grandma and there were nurses at the entrance spraying hand sanitizers on peoples' hands before going in. My mum was like "Only hands? No masks?"

So anyway, my sister is 7 years old. Actually children under the age of 12 aren't allowed to go in the hospital. The doctor I spoke with said that there is a suspected case of H1N1 in the hospital. But idk where the quarantince room is. So yeah. He pointed out that my sis and my bro (who is 16 actually) aren't allowed to come in. See, bro. You need to eat your veggies. Even the doctor can see thru you. He said I was old enough though. Made me feel old. But yeah, thanks.

LOL We also had this awkward conversation.

Doc: *asked my sis* How old are you?
Sis: Seven
Doc: Do you know those cute little pigs that has been causing the virus?
Me: Is it REALLY from pigs? They're not mutated or anything?
Doc: If you want mutated...take the H5N1 and H1N1. Diffuse it and it will become H1N5. And that will be twice as deadly.
Me: ...
Doc: Of course there's no such thing. Yet.
Me: ...yet...
Doc: Well that's just the doctors' theory. Don't go off scaring your friends yea.

But the doctor was friendly. LoL.

Oh and I met my dad's side of the family. And as usual, I don't know/ can't remember them. And wow were they loud. Oh the embarassment.

I don't want to worry about this virus thing actually. It'll just make matters worse. Keep a positive spirit and enjoy our time right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment